Wednesday, June 22, 2016

Create Beautiful Backgrounds from Old Chalk


Do you have sets of chalks which you have not used for years? I know that I do.

I decided to get my old chalks out, and I tried something different.

I filled a basin full of cold water, and used a craft knife to gently scrape off some chalk from the block so it fell onto the water. If you are gentle the chalk will float beautifully.

 

I then lowered some white card onto to the water so it floated a little.

 
Then I pulled the paper up, and the chalk had left all sorts of lovely patterns behind!


 

As this months theme is Fit For A Queen with a Twist of adding gems I decided to use the adorable Crowned Bunny stamp. I stamped her in Archival Black ink and used watercolour paints to give her some colour. A tiny gem star completed her crown nicely. A little fluff of flowersoft gave her a cute little bunny tail.

 

Join in this months Fun Challenge and create something Fit For A Queen.

 

 

 

,

 

 

 

3 comments:

  1. Such a clever idea, not heard of this one before...will be giving it a go, thank you for the inspirational x

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an interesting technique Jannet, never would have thought to do that, thanks so much for sharing it! Deb xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun idea. Thank you so much for sharing it with us. I cannot wait to give it a try. Yes, I have gobs of old chalk around this house. Your Think Happy is absolutely precious. genie

    ReplyDelete