Wednesday, May 27, 2015

Mixed Media Wednesday - Painted File folders !!

Hello all you lovely people out there, Tracy here with today's mixed media Wednesday.....

I was recently involved in a 'Happy Mail' swap with some ladies in the USA and we had to send a decorated envelope with some goodies inside for the recipients. I didn't have any envelopes big enough for the items I wanted to send so decided to decorate some file folders and use those as my envelopes...


I started by gessoing the folders on all sides, once dry I started adding random colours of acrylic paint covering all of the outsides of the folders. 


I continued by adding some stamping and stencilling and painted in some circles to add interest. I then painted in a white panel on the front for my address label....


I used a white gel pen to add some finer details like highlighting the stars and scribbling some words into the background. 


I finished off by using a photocopy of  a previous red haired girl from one of my journals cutting her out and gluing her down on the front of my file folder. I finished off by going over the whole thing with matt medium to seal everything and make it more hard wearing for the long journey across the pond. 

This was such a fun project to do and I can let you know now that the recipients were over the moon with their decorated file folders and even better they can recycle them into a storage solution for their 'most important' papers of course. 

Thanks for dropping by today. I hope I have inspired you to give this great project a try

Bright and painty hugs
Tracy
X

9 comments:

  1. Wow, just gorgeous Tracy!! This is just such an amazing folder...LOVE all the elements you used, so shiny and vibrant!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, just gorgeous Tracy!! This is just such an amazing folder...LOVE all the elements you used, so shiny and vibrant!

    ReplyDelete
  3. how fun to get that in the mail - I imagine every person who saw the envelope on its journey smiles also

    Barb Housner

    ReplyDelete
  4. Let me tell you Tracy - if that arrived in our tiny little town... the postmaster would put it up on display for all to see. I'm SERIOUS. That really happens here. About twice a year I get a decorated calligraphy envelope from Germany and that's where it goes - for at least 3 days... on display. And it's a great honor too!!! Soooooooooooo... I said all that to say... I am absolutely sure that not only did the recipient enjoy your wonderful envelope creations but everyone along the way at the post offices did too!!! These are WONDERFUL. j.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Truly happy mail for all who see it, so stunning! Love the colors and it is so wonderful! ~kim

    ReplyDelete
  6. Tracy, that is the most beautiful envelope I think I've ever seen! The postal workers along the way who were fortunate enough to see it must have been in awe! What wonderful happy mail to receive, beautiful job.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is fabulous, I love everything about it especially the colours.
    xxx Hazel.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow this is awesome :) i absolutely love all the vibrant colours & the super cute image :)

    ReplyDelete