Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Bird ATC - How To

ATC’s (artist trading cards) little pieces of artwork that measure 2.5  x  3.5 inches.  Here is a picture of the first steps for creating this bird ATC.  A playing card, a dictionary page that is adhered to the card; gesso is applied and then a layer of acrylic paint to start the base of the ATC. 


I have a thing for the alphabet so I used my Tim Holtz stencil and some spray to add color and design.


I then added more layers of coloring using gelatos and acrylic paint. 


I stamped the Scribbly Bird from Dina Wakely on some tissue paper and colored it on the backside.  This was adhered to the ATC base with gel medium.


I then added the B rub ons to each corner.  They are very old so they did not go on too well but with a black pen I was able to fix some of them and then you just start adding paint over them and all the problems somewhat disappear or add to the “creative movement” in the ATC.  I brightened up the paint.  Rubbed some more paint along the edges and on top of the bird.  Added some stitch rub ons and a few doodles with a pen.  The ATC is finished.  An ATC is a fun piece of art work – very small and manageable – it does not overwhelm you.  Come play along with us in our monthly challenge.  


3 comments:

  1. You are on the money for the B's! Your B wall will be full soon. Love this little bird ATC! Awesome job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have to share a picture of your B wall.....loving your birds, so wonderful!!~kim

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like these ATC cards so much, I think I am going to make my own version inspired in yours.

    ReplyDelete